Join our Firm
Make A Difference…
Join a team of accounting and tax professionals doing challenging work in an environment that promotes professional quality.
Grow in a firm that offers the opportunity for professional advancement and leadership. Develop your career and become an important part of the future of the firm.
Make a difference every day. At FMA C.P.A., you can help a charity accomplish its mission, help an entrepreneur create a business, or help a taxpayer solve a problem.
Be part of a business community that has become a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. The Clearwater area offers a wide range of business and social opportunities for all people.
Senior Staff Accountant / Tax Professional
The primary responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare and review financial statements for clients.
- Analyze client prepared financial statements and provide adjusting entries
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly payroll and sales tax filings
- Prepare federal and state tax income tax returns of individuals, businesses and trusts; Forms 1120, 1120S, 1065, 990, 1041 and 1040.
- Prepare personal and business tax projections (year-end reviews).
- Prepare responses to tax notices from various reporting agencies (IRS, State, etc…), as required.
- Maintain client communications on a regular basis, identifying accounting and tax needs and communicating solutions accordingly
- This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional to build their skill set in both tax and accounting and grow with the position. A nice location offering a professional yet fun environment.
- Proficiency with various tax and accounting programs/software (Creative Solutions, QuickBooks, Ultra Tax, Excel. Strong skills with Quickbooks Online a must.
- Strong communication skills to Engage with clients on confidential client matters and to assist and resolve client issues and concerns in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned.
Tax Staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of requisite software (including working with multiple monitors) and internal work flow/procedures. Tax staff should be familiar with IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing the Practice of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Actuaries and Enrolled Agents before the IRS and the AIC.P.A. Professional Code of Conduct. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the company’s code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3-5 years of tax work experience. C.P.A., C.P.A. eligible or EA designation is a plus.
- Understanding and implementation of the Internal Revenue Code
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Comfortable using technology to streamline accounting processes
- Detail Oriented, Multi-tasking, prioritizing and working under deadlines are essential to succeed in this position
- Good human relations, communication (oral and written) skills.