Join our Firm
Make A Difference…
Join a team of accounting and tax professionals doing challenging work in an environment that promotes professional quality.
Grow in a firm that offers the opportunity for professional advancement and leadership. Develop your career and become an important part of the future of the firm.
Make a difference every day. At FMA C.P.A., you can help a charity accomplish its mission, help an entrepreneur create a business, or help a taxpayer solve a problem.
Be part of a business community that has become a vital center for nonprofits, consultants, professionals and technology companies. The Clearwater area offers a wide range of business and social opportunities for all people.
Senior Tax Preparer
FMA CPA is a Clearwater based CPA firm specializing in business advisory, accounting and tax services for small businesses and tax services for both individuals and business owners.
We are currently seeking a senior level tax preparer with extensive individual and corporate tax experience that is comfortable working in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be comfortable with client and staff interaction and will be looking to grow with the firm.
Expectations of the candidate:
- Prepare high volume of complex multi-state individual, corporate, partnership tax returns
- Review federal, state and local tax notices and draft responses
- Manage high volume of work and establish priorities for tasks to be completed
- Learn and identify tax-saving strategies to maximize client cash flow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Current CPA candidate or license is desired
- 5+ years in public accounting with a concentration in tax
- 3+ years of multimate-state tax preparation (more than a handful of returns per year)
- Strong people and communication skills
- High level of comfort using technology to create efficiencies in workflow
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in a paperless office
- Experience using UltraTax is a must
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
We offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid CPE expenses