FMA CPA is a Clearwater based CPA firm leading the way with proactive business advisory, accounting and tax services for small businesses and tax services for both individuals and business owners. Our firm offers unlimited potential for earnings and growth while helping small businesses succeed and grow. Visit our website at fma-cpa.com to learn more about how we make a difference for small business owners.
CPA, Tax accountant
We are currently seeking a senior level tax associate or CPA with corporate, estate and trust tax experience that is comfortable working in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be comfortable with significant client and staff interaction and will be looking to grow as the firm develops its industry leading advisory service program.
Expectations of the candidate:
- Prepare corporate, partnership, fiduciary and individual tax returns with varying complexity
- Perform review of tax returns prepared by tax staff
- Perform review of periodic write up work prepared by accounting staff
- Collaborate with staff/partner to conduct tax planning for individual, corporate, partnership, estate, gift, and trust tax clients
- Review federal, state and local tax notices and draft responses
- Assist with training and development of other tax department or firm accounting personnel
- Manage high volume of work and establish priorities for tasks to be completed
- Partner with clients to provide customized tax advisory services and work closely with other members of the tax team to identify and research complex tax issues
- Learn and identify tax-saving strategies to maximize client cash flow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Current CPA license
- 5+ years in public accounting with a concentration in tax
- 3+ years of fiduciary tax preparation (more than a handful of returns per year)
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Strong people and communication skills
- High level of comfort using technology to create efficiencies in workflow
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in a paperless office
- Experience using UltraTax is a plus
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
We offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid CPE expenses
Under direct supervision, prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for clients.
- Assist clients with QuickBooks desktop, QuickBooks online and bookkeeping questions
- Monthly/quarterly/annual bookkeeping
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax returns
- Preparation of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Works with confidential client matters
- Client Communication – assist and resolve client issues in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
Accounting Staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of requisite software (including QuickBooks and Accounting CS) and internal work flow/procedures.
- Minimum three years accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks desktop, QB online and Microsoft Office software a must
- Detail oriented, multi-tasking, prioritizing and working under deadlines are essential to succeed in this position
- Good human relations, communication (oral and written) skills
- Preferred accounting degree or minimum Associates degree.
- Basic tax preparation skills are a plus